Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Dog's Tooth or a Rare Gemstone - You Decide!

The DogTooth Amethyst also known as the Chevron Amethyst.
I'm passionate about real gemstones. Gemstones from the Earth itself and I want to know how and where they came from. The beauty of the Beast - DogTooth Amethyst. Dogtooth amethyst is a natural stone aka chevron amethyst. Dogtooth has the beautiful color of Amethyst , and it has white bands of calcite. These bands are at an angle and is easy to see why they call it "DogTooth".The stone below is from Zambia. Some are from Brazil, Africa and Mexico. Some refer to this stone as "the Breath of Life" and is good for meditation, The Greek meaning for Amethyst is "without drunkeness". The amethyst symbolizes piety, humility, sincerity and spiritual wisdom. It is also know as the healing stone. I'm not too sure about this. I wear an amethyst everyday on my left hand, and my arthritis is just as bad as ever.Quality stones of DogTooth Amethyst are limited. Twitterbird Creations' jewelry pieces are from A plus grade stones of DogTooth Amethyst.

No comments:

Post a Comment